Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Why android still sucks

A short time ago I instructed my g/f to get the iphone she was already leaning towards. I think many semi geeks and noobs are attracted to droid because of it's vast capabilities. For a minute when the droid was first introduced, I will admit I considered getting one. Also at the time I didn't have a contract and knew my symbian phone was pretty damn secure, especially sense I never went on the net with it.
One of the problems I see with droids is the lack of experience it takes to write and app for it. Consider this. The apple platform used to write iphone apps is $800 last time I checked. The droid platform is you guessed it...free. You can charge for your apps on droid the same as you could with an iphone app. Droid doesn't go over your code with a fine tooth comb either. I think if you want to write an app and make thousands of dollars or more the choice looks pretty clear. If you want to be taken more seriously and make money, write a good iphone app. I've heard of a 12 year old kid learning how to do it in 3-4 months. Unbelievable right?

Here is some more interesting info on the droid if you are somewhat tech saavy. NetworkWorld

No comments:

Post a Comment