Friday, August 3, 2012

Going Encino Man

I'll try and make this short and sweet sine I gotta run in a minute.
2 posts back I posted on Allergen avoidance. I think I had some good advice in there but like most people I wasn't completely informed. More on specifics later, maybe after I educate myself a little more. So I have pretty much been vegan for 3-4 months. I was not eating ANY animal products in my daily diet. I'll admit I did have pizza every now and then but I started to enjoy pizza a lot less. I feel like my vegan diet was only half right because I couldn't workout. It's a good thing I don't really have to physically fight for my life because I think I would have been dead.
So I have heard the word Paleo thrown around a lot lately in the exercise and health communities in podcasts. So I recently bought The Paleo Solution by Robb Wolf. I'll give you a rough outline of what I know so far
1. Eat meat, nuts fruits and vegetables in season.
2. Eat ORGANIC foods.
3. Do your best to avoid packaged foods. (Look at the nutrient label, seriously)
4. Exercise.

I have been eating better foods for about a week now and you wouldn't believe me if I tried to tell you the difference it has made in the way I feel. Stop eating grains and most of the starchy vegetables. Most potato farmers won't even eat the potatoes they grow for the US. They have a separate plot they grow for their families.
I'm going to give this diet and exercise lifestyle everything I can. So much of what I am learning about Paleo sounds so right that I'm still stunned that it could have been kept from us for so long.
I will try to keep you up to date on my progress as it comes. Please read a little bit on Paleo, both negative and positive and let me know what you think. I don't expect my humble blog to convince you of much.See ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment